Servers NAS Synology They have their own operating system that not long ago has been updated to a new version. We talk about Synology DSM 6.1.
Synology DSM 6.1 OS
There are many new features included in DSM 6.1 from Synology from which users of your servers can already benefit NAS.
In DSM 6.1 New features have been included that improve the management of IT technical professionals with new tools such as Active Directory Server, protocol improvements SMB and self-checking status systems. Also, now with Synology DSM 6.1 you get an even more stable and secure operating system.
Operating system news and enhancements
There are many benefits that this new version of DSM. In summary we can highlight the main improvements that it has:
- Improved file system: File system support is extended BTRFS, adding advanced protection compatible with a greater number of models.
- Active Directory Server: Adds the possibility to convert the Server NAS Synology in a complete “Active Directory” server. No need to install a dedicated server with a third-party Operating System.
- Shared folder encryption: Now you can encrypt existing shared folders without having to recreate them. We can encrypt folders automatically and also memories can be used USB Physical to decrypt the storage without having to memorize keys.
- Seagate IronWolf Health Management (IHM): Synology is in contact with many manufacturers and one of them is the famous Seagate. Thanks to this union, Synology develops a new system with which to take advantage of the special functionalities of the new hard drives Seagate IronWolf.
- USB Copy 2.0: To make backup copies from our server NAS to external storage USB on all models Synology even available for the offline USB frontal.
- SnapShot Replication: Shadow copy of a storage volume to Synology to another server NAS Synology, which now supports job creation with encryption at the destination.
- Hyper Backup: To all the known functionalities of its complete backup system, it now includes checking the integrity of the data in an intelligent way.
- Synology high availability: With support for test SMART and enables support for SSD Trim on the main and backup servers.
- Virtual DSM Manager: Now with the option to migrate instances between servers NAS keeping the storage data on a third computer thus increasing the flexibility of the storage system DSM Virtual.
- Introduction of RAID F1 for series XS Y SMB 4.4
- Synology Universal Search: Powerful search tool that helps us find what we need within our storage system NAS.
You may also be interested in the AMD Ryzen BIOS updates.
Via | Synology